Cundo Bermúdez (b. Havana, Cuba 1914 – d. Miami, USA, 2008). In 1926, Bermúdez was admitted at the Institute of Havana, and in 1930 enrolled at the renowned San Alejandro Academy of Fine Arts, where he studied painting for two years. Later, he traveled to Mexico and studied at San Carlos Academy of Fine Arts. In 1949 he was one of the founders of the Asociación de Pintores y Escultores de Cuba (APEC). Throughout his career he exhibited his work in such cities as, Havana, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Lima, Venice, Miami, New York and Washington D.C. He was recipient of the Cintas Foundation Fellowship in 1973. His work is part of the collections of the Lowe Art Museum (University of Miami, Coral Gables), Museum of Modern Art (New York), Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (Havana), among others.
Untitled, 1987, gouache on paper, 22 x 30"
Untitled, 1989, gouache on paper, 30 x 22"
Untitled, 1989, gouache on paper, 40 x 26"
Untitled, 1995, gouache on paper, 30 x 22"
Untitled, 1991, gouache on paper, 29.5 x 41
Sacerdotisas, 2006, watercolor on paper, 14.5x 8"